Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Personal, Family and Church Vision Statement

In order to shape the vision and direction of our family and ministry, I have worked on a personal vision statement over the past couple of years. Although this isn't the kind of thing that jives with everyone, I have found it to be a very fruitful exercise. As it so happens, this vision statement also captures our dreams for a church plant. Due to its length, I have decided to post the exposition of the statement in stages. Below you will find the first installment. Any feedback is welcomed. Just so you know, it is in its rough form.

“Cultivating communities of Spirit-led disciples who redemptively engage peoples and cultures in Christ for the glory of God.”

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Blogger Dave said...

sign me up.

 
At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you posted this. Developing a vision statement (or at least a concept) for myself and my family is something I've been mulling over for several months.

I think I've been caught up with the specifics though. I've been focusing on the whats instead of the whys. Our vision is full of things like film discussions and front porch conversations. We want to offer shelter and familial community to young singles who are living far from home (or don't have one). I envision maintaining some kind of community newsletter - covering local happenings - that would encourage our neighbors to be involved in each other's lives. Kristin and I both dream of owning and operating a B&B someday, where we could offer free lodging to pastors and their wives - to missionaries home on furlow - or to anyone working tirelessly for the Kingdom and in need of rest and recreation.

With (or even without ;-)) your permission I'd like to use your statement as a template to help build some foundation beneath mine.

I'm also dying to hear some specifics from your end. I'm really interested to know how you and Robie hope to see God unfold this kind of community in your life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home